B2B days for Snow, Rental and Mountain Innovation
The Alpine arc is a very fertile ground for everything that revolves around winter and mountain technologies. Creativity and a spirit of innovation are the key factors that have led South Tyrol to become one of the most important tourist destinations for winter and mountain sports enthusiasts. The region is also an important reference point for companies and operators in the sector, and many leading companies, especially in the field of mountain technologies, are based in South Tyrol.
The numbers of the winter industry in South Tyrol speak for themselves:
- 45 ski resorts (quite a number, considering that the total area of South Tyrol is 7,400 square kilometres)
- 1,180 km of slopes, 90% of which are equipped with artificial snowmaking systems
- 400 ropeways transporting up to half a million people per hour
- 2.3 million winter tourists and over 11 million overnight stays
- 62 ski schools, 2,200 ski instructors (0.05% of the population)
In this context, Prowinter - B2B Days for Snow, Rental and Mountain Innovation - is the yearly meeting point and platform for national and international mountain sports operators.